About the SAT
Length of Test
As of January 2021, the optional essay and SAT II Subject Tests have been cancelled and will no longer be available after June 2021.
Number of Questions
You can use authorized calculators during the test; however, there is a portion of the Math section where using a calculator is prohibited.
5 passages of 500 – 750 words
Basic Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Data Analysis, Reading, Grammar
When it’s Offered
The SAT is offered 7 times a year:
March, May, June, August, October, November, December
Layout of the Test
Reading: 65 mins
Math: 55 mins (calculator)
What You'll Learn
Our students always feel prepared and confident on test day. In our SAT prep classes, students learn:
- How to solve commonly missed questions on the SAT
- How to use pacing as to navigate through the test efficiently
- How to maximize practice test sessions by working smarter
- How to effectively analyze the tone and central message of reading passages
- How to determine and describe the relationship between numbers
- Plus, so much more…
How Sessions Are Structured
All SAT prep classes are offered online. You may choose to take the classes privately or with a group.
Our SAT private sessions are for students that prefer interacting with a tutor on a one on one basis. Whereas our SAT group sessions allow students to work cooperatively with their peers to achieve their academic goals.
With our most comprehensive SAT sessions students, on average, can expect to see a 150 point increase on their SAT score.